Job location:Alexandria, Woodbridge, Stafford, Dumfries, Fredericksburg.
· Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of physical therapist and in accordance with the physician's plan of care.
· Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
· Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
· Utilizes physical agents, including, but not be limited to heat, cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound and massage.
· Observes and reports to the physical therapist and the Organization personnel the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition.
· Instructs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
· Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the patient’s clinical record in prescribed time frames.
· Participates in Organization Home Care Team Members meetings and Organization In-service Education Program.
· Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program with either an Associate’s degree in science or applied science that is approved by American Physical Therapy Association, Inc.
· Current certification or license as required by state law
. Current CPR certification
· Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working.