Job Location: Springfiled, Woodbridge, Lorton and Dumfries
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as appropriate), identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient’s function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
- As appropriate, participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Prepares and submits notes per organization policy.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs patient, family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in the patient’s treatment regime as indicated.
- May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related to the speech–language therapy plan of care.
- Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of speech language
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Possesses a degree that includes an internship from an approved Master’s program in Speech–Language Pathology, or as required by applicable law and/or regulation.
- Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech–Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech–Language–Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Is certified / licensed to practice Speech–Language Pathology in the State.
- A minimum of one year's clinical experience in Speech–Language Pathology. Candidates with home health experience will be given preference.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.